Monday, November 17, 2014

Playing with my oils ;)

Today I am attempting to make my own pain relieving cream!! I am starting with these ingredients:

Container:
1 4oz mason jar

Base:
Coconut oil (firm) 1/2 cup
Teaspoon hemp oil
Teaspoon jojoba oil

Oils: few drops of each
Valor
Panaway
Peace and calming
Peppermint
Lavender
Lemongrass

Please please please feel free to switch any of the essential oils up to match your needs!!! These are the oils which seem to work best for me after a workout and during particularly cold days! Also, the coconut oil is the only keep the same ingredient. If you have grape seed, almond, vitamin e, etc. replace as desired!!

I mixed the base oils together with my hand mixer (I bet a standing mixer would be fabulous!) Then I added (here's the fun part as much or as little oil as you like, it's your cream!!) my essential oils until I was happy with the smell (tip: you can buy coconut oil without scent) Then spoon it into the mason jar! That's it! 5 minutes minimal mess and a cream that you'll swear by!!

Go make your cream and have fun with it!! If you're new to oils or want to buy more check out all the info available here!

No comments:

Post a Comment